Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mixtures

Since we have been talking about mixtures in science I asked the students to bring in a mixture to class and show us what they came up with.  A mixture is made up of two or more kinds of matter.  The students had to identify each kind of matter that was in their mixture.  It was neat to see the different mixtures that the students brought in.  The following pictures show the mixtures. 

My mixture has lettuce, carrots, and cabbage.  NW
In my mixture I had strawberries, oranges, and bananas.  MN
My mixture had chocolate chips, white chips, raisins, and almonds. AF
My mixture has blueberries, apples and oranges.  CK
My mixture has noodles, sauce, and meat.  TJ
My mixture has strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple.  MF
They all brought yummy mixtures!  Remember though a mixture could be something that you cannot eat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment