Sunday, June 9, 2013

Butterflies

The last week of school our caterpillars began hatching!  I was so excited when I opened the classroom on Monday and discovered two had hatched.  A little while later when the students came they were just as excited.  Throughout the day we kept our eyes on them as two more hatched during school. Tuesday morning when I arrived at school I was disappointed to see that the last one hadn’t hatched yet and was afraid it wasn’t going to hatch.  However, later that day the final caterpillar hatched into a butterfly.  I placed orange slices in the butterfly net for food.  The last day of school the class and I released the butterflies for the whole school to see.  Fun project watching the caterpillars go through their life cycle and becoming butterflies. 











No comments:

Post a Comment