Friday, October 11, 2013

Flat Stanley goes to a Palace

Bonjour, again fellow students.  Today I rode a train to Versailles, France and visited the grand palace where several kings and Queen Marie Antoinette lived.  In the first picture I am over the top of how the main palace looks from above.  The whole town of Atkinson would fit on the grounds of it several times because it is so big!  The little circle just in front is the golden gates that surround the palace.  Can you find me on those gates in the last picture?  The kings private church is just one of the buildings at the front of the palace.  It is the building touching the main gate on the right.  I am at that church in the second picture.  One of the king's bronze statues was a funny monkey riding on a flying camel.  A FLYING CAMEL?!!!  He let me take a ride with him.  What fun!  Nobody gets to sit on Marie Antionette's sofa.......but I did.  Shhhh.......don't tell the guards!

I have three more days left on my trip an having so much fun!  Thanks again, Annie Corkle, for sending me to London and France!

Sincerely yours,

Flat Stanley




No comments:

Post a Comment