Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Last report from Flat Stanley

This is the last day of my tour of France.  The church behind me is VERY large.  Can you see how small the people are at the top of the hill?  That is how big it is.  You can see it from all over Paris because it sits up on top of a big hill.  It was so high up that I took a tram to get to the top. The church is called Sacre Coeur which means Sacred Heart of Jesus.  It is quite new compared to other churches in France.  It only took 75 years to build and was consecrated in 1919. 

After eating pasta and croissants for 10 days,  I was hungry for....guess what?
 

YES.... They have McDonalds in France too but they are very hard to find because McDonalds is a very American idea.

I've had a wonderful time and know you will be sending me to more exciting places.  I will see you back in the mail soon!

Sincerely yours,

FLAT STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment